Hey lovelies, so I struggle a lot with eating healthily. I am sure most of you reading this are eating something you shouldn’t be right now, am I right? So this week even though it’s only Tuesday I have tried to eat better than I usually would.
I also wanted to help others and as the lovely season of Spring has arrived which means more social events or gatherings, the start of the sports season, and I think everyone especially in the UK are a bit anxious to get out after having such a cold winter. So I thought I would give you a top 10 list for some tasty fruit & veg to help start the season off right:-
- Artichokes: Packing a powerful punch, this vegetable contains essential nutrients for a healthy body including Vitamins C and K, potassium, folate and magnesium. They do require a bit of prep time but have a delicious pay off. They can be enjoyed steamed and eaten plain or cooked, marinated and used in salads.
- Asparagus: High in folate, an anti-inflammatory, and other vitamins this vegetable is one of my favorites of spring!
- Broccoli: Another nutrition powerhouse full of Vitamin C and other essential nutrients.
- Strawberries: Warmer climates begin to see these red beauties popping up in gardens and markets in early spring. To help keep strawberries from ripening by washing only right before you’re ready to eat them.
- Lettuce: Lettuces are often available year-round, but spring is their peak season and you can taste the difference. Lettuce provides essential fiber our bodies need to stay healthy. Choose lettuce with dark leaves for the most nutritional benefit.
- Mango: Low in calories, high in fibre and vitamins like C and A, this is fruit not to miss!
- Peas: The taste of fresh peas just out of the garden seems to shout spring! Their slightly sweet flavor and crunchiness are delicious and filled with antioxidants.
- Pineapple: This sweet and juicy fruit can be enjoyed cut up as an after school snack or any time you need a sweet treat. .
- Rhubarb: Often considered a fruit, rhubarb is actually a vegetable that is full of antioxidants . It’s a must-try for everyone!
- Spinach: Spinach is such a versatile vegetable! Loaded with Vitamin K and high in many other vitamins and fibre.
I hope you take something home with you and get out there and start shopping! Try something new today and make it healthy for you and the family.